Sunday, July 7, 2024

Sunday Dinner with Aaron and friends

Aaron invited friends over for Sunday dinner.  Two of the girls are the daughters of the woman that holds bagel night.  We owe most of Aaron's college diet to bagel night, so I was happy for the chance to feed her children.  One young lady holds a "Come Follow Me" lesson on Sunday mornings.  I believe we would be fast friends.  It was the same young lady that told me "You look like my mom when she was young.  And she was beautiful.  She was Miss Montana."  She stroked my fragile ego twice, young and beautiful.  She may be my new best friend.  

Van was also there. I have not spent time with him since he returned from his mission and it was delightful to have him at the house.  He played the piano a bit.  Shared a little about his mission. We talked about the many activities he went to on the 4th.  Then very seriously he ended with, "But it was the first year I missed the Draper Pancake Breakfast on the 5th.  (long sigh) So that was a rough day." I don't believe he as kidding.  As we have never gone, I am wondering if it should be added to the 2025 Cox family Calendar.  We discussed that he had missed Spencer in Rome by a few hours - he then asked if Spencer was roommates with Nate Nyman or if they were somehow connected.  It all started in Carmel.  All roads lead to (Rome) Carmel.  



Benjamin made the cake.  The guests gave the cake 5 stars, then thanked Benjamin in an impromptu song  . . with harmonies.



No comments: