Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Happy Birthday Aaron!
Today is Aaron's birthday. I could not go to bed without writing about this exceptional kid. Aaron is one of those kids I could write an essay about - but I will keep it brief.
For school, his teacher sent home a short form for us to fill out. She spotlights kids for their birthdays. One of the questions was "If I could be anyone in the world, I would be . . . . Because . . . . " I asked him the question and this was our conversation?
Me: If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be?
Aaron: ummm. Jesus!
Me: That's really nice. But I really can't write that. Besides Jesus, who would you be?
Aaron: Besides Jesus and Satan?
Me: Um. Ya. Besides Jesus and Satan.
Aaron: Myself.
Me: Why?
Aaron: Because, I love myself.
And that pretty much sums it up. He has been loved by everyone around him since the moment he was born. Including complete strangers. We rarely go anywhere without some lady stopping and commenting on how beautiful his hair is. As a toddler he rarely sat with our family at church. He took turns sitting with other adult friends (usually ep). He is quick to make friends of all ages and loves his "old" friends as much as his "young" ones. And they love him. It's no wonder he has such a healthy self-esteem.
He is also smart as a whip. He taught himself to count to 100 and on and on by studying the page numbers in the hymn book during sacrament meeting. He is extremely self motivated and will work and work on school work until he feels it is good enough. He is the only kid I've had that comes to me to work on his reading. Earlier this week, I found him running on the treadmill. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was "training."
"For what?"
"We are running laps at school and I want to be the fastest."
To top it off, he is super fun and keeps us all laughing. I know I am not alone when I say he is one of my favorite kids ever.
Happy Birthday to an AWESOME kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Those pictures were so cute, you could definitely make money on that kid (I guess you have heard that before). What a nice Aaron write up!
Happy Birthday to one of my very favorite friends! I loved seeing some of my photos! I hope he had a great birthday!!
Happy Birthday Aaron. Sorry your card is late. I have your birthday written down as the 24th. Sorry. Hope you had great day.
Love Aunt Heather, Uncle Shawn and girls!
Found this birthday post and laughed thinking about that cute kid! Happy Birthday from all of the Whitcombs!
so cute! Happy Birthday, Aaron!
Adam & Janae-
I'd have to say Aaron is one of my favorite kids ever! I absolutely adore him! and it looks like he and meg share a birthday! Hope all is well!
Julia
Soooooooooo darling. I love what you have written about him. I apologize for drawing comparisons about my own so much...but it's hard not to! As I read I thought "she is describing my Call to a 'T.' And the fantastic thing is.....it hasn't changed. Still loved by all, young and old. Aaron IS gorgeous. You HAVE to love that 'Jesus' answer.
He is sooo cute! I put a few of my favorite pictures on my blog for his birthday, too. ADORABLE!!!
I tagged you with a quirky thing, check out my site to see the rules.
You guys have the cutest kids!! I can't believe I found your blog.
Post a Comment