Thursday, January 8, 2009

Barbilyn 08



For Christmas this year we had a family reunion with my mom, all her children and their families; and my aunt and all her children and their families. My aunt's name is Barbara and my mom's is Marilyn - hence - the Barbilyn family reunion. It was wonderful from the early planning stages to the actual events. Some of my fondest Christmas memories are with these cousins and it was so fun to be together again and watch our kids make memories together. We had a talent show, nightly devotionals, crafts, swimming, volleyball, hiking, slide shows, poem exchange, dirt bike riding, air hockey games, and lots of good food and long conversations. I can't wait for the next Barbilyn reunion!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

rebecca said...

janae, these reunion photos are amazing! The stockings, the t's, the pj's, the nativity....how awesome! Love the then & now photos. Give your family our Happy New Year wishes!

ellen said...

I really think The Barbilyn Reunion needs EP as their official photographer!

Marilyn said...

That was a great write up, good job Janae! I loved all the pictures you chose.

Juliet said...

I haven't had to time to do my post yet, but yours is so nicely done I am thinking about just stealing yours . . .

The Cox Crew said...

Your Christmas looks like it was so much fun, what a fun family!

Unknown said...

I'd love a list of your top ten fun things to do with a LARGE family group! It sounds like this was such a great time!

liso. said...

whoa! this is amazing...that sounds like some serious planning and some serious fun. how come our side don't plan like that? isn't that what we all are? planners?

Marjorie said...

Great pictures of a great family. Wonderful memories for everyone. Enjoyed looking at all the pictures.

The Days said...

Janae, your family is so cute! I had fun reading your blog and seeing all the fun photos!