Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ward Family



On Saturday, some friends in the ward invited us and a couple other families to an Easter Egg hunt at their house. One of the mothers recounted the Easter story and then they let the kids loose! It was really nice and reminiscent of the types of things we use to do in Boston. I appreciate that Emily had us over (especially since she just had a baby 2 weeks ago). It was a good reminder of how nice and important it is to strengthen the relationships in our ward family. I never thought I would need a reminder of how important that is. We use to ALWAYS have people over or throw large holiday parties. I began to ponder why we had stopped. We haven't stopped - it's just that we do it with our family now. I love that we can have family over, but I have got to get on the stick and extend ourselves more. When we first moved here I was critical of how people in the Utah Mormon culture didn’t extend themselves much past their own family. Look at me now - guilty.



4 comments:

ellen said...

Dear Guilty,

I miss all the fun things we did when you were here. Well, I'm still doing all those fun things (Boston Marathon and Kimballs...one week from today!) but I miss having Bedlam&Bliss there.

heart Lolly

Unknown said...

Just read a good post on the Segullah blog about this very thing. Good for you. Hopefully others will pay it forward!

Juliet said...

I am impressed that she did this two weeks after having a baby! I definitely need to extend myself more.

Marjorie said...

Sounds like a wonderful fun time with ylour family and friends