Sunday, August 22, 2010

Out With a Bang!

Tomorrow our summer will be officially over.  We had a GREAT summer.  I have mixed feelings about saying goodbye to the schedule free months that I cherish.  I love the time I get with my kids and the things we are able to do.  I wish we had gotten some things done we didn't (like more math), but we did get a lot done and there is no point in worrying now.  It's all over.  And this school year is especially exciting so I am really happy for my kids.  They all have great teachers and everyone is excited for what the new year will bring.

We loaded Friday and Saturday with lots of fun for a fond farewell to Summer.

Seven Peaks with friends from the ward. (Obviously, these are old pictures.  I didn't take any the day we went.  But the picture on the right is one of my favorites -poor Caleb is terrified!  In his defense, he loves this slide now.  It's his and my favorite slide in the park!)

An Arlington ward reunion (my personal favorite)


And a night as a family at Trafalga.


Good Bye Summer!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks super fun, I'm jealous.

ellen said...

An Arlington Ward reunion without me?!?!?! What a great group of people!!!

Juliet said...

Glad you could finish summer with a bang. The water park sounds like a great idea!

Marjorie said...

What a way to wind up a summer full of fun and adventure. Looks like everybody is having a great time.