Christy and Benjamin share a Birthday. We celebrated by going to a new pizza game center near our house that specializes in Birthdays. Christy and Benjamin got a roaring song of "Happy Birthday" from the whole place. In addition to singing, the place boasts lazer tag, bumper cars, go-carts, glow in the dark put-put, bowling and an all you can eat buffet. The laser tag and buffet were the most popular attractions for everyone but Benjamin. He rode this little car over and over and over and was very cross when some one else wanted a ride.
Christy's good friends that she has known since she was three came up and spend some time with us. It was really nice of them to come up. I know it meant a lot to Christy. It was so fun for me to see them too! It had been a REALLY LONG time.

We had such a good time that we spent the whole day and evening there. We came back so late, we put off the Birthday cakes for the next day.
Since I was making two cakes, I wanted to make a really easy cake for Benjamin. And honestly, my drive for spending hours on darling Birthday cakes is faltering. So we bought this cute little dump truck and filled it with chocolate cake.
Here is Benjamin blowing out his candles. (Honestly these videos will only be interesting if you are his grandparent, or aunt . . feel free to skip them.)
He had so much fun. He sat in the high chair eating and dumping cake for over an hour and a half. (My favorite part of this video is the one second token smile he gives when Adam is taking the pictures. He has learned to pose for pictures. It is so funny. But I had to shrink the file down so much I have lost a lot of quality and it is hard to see.)
Eventually, he added his new Buzz Lightyear from Grammy and Grandpa. Complete bliss!
I think they both had a great Birthday.



8 comments:
I saw that little smile, it was cute. What a fun place to go, I wanted to see a picture of Hailey and Anne Marie too!
It looks like everyone had a good time. Teah asked, "Why did they put cake in his scoop, eewww gross." The pictures of Benjamin are cute, he is starting to look a bit like Isaac to me.
happy birthday(s) to them!!
As always...so cute. I actually thought the dump truck cake was super cute before you sort of categorized it as an easy effort cake. It's a darling idea especially for that little guy! Anne Marie enjoyed seeing all of you, too!
Sounds like it was a great day and I thought the dump truck cake turned out great. Even better that it was something he could play with and enjoy so much. Isn't that really the point? Happy Birthday Christy and cute Benjamin! (Oh, and I am impressed he got at least one of the candles. Maybe he can give Marilyn lessons.)
I shall be borrowing the cake idea!!! It's genius!!!
Great pictures and a wonderful day for everyone it looks like. A special birthday wish to Benjamin and Christy. Benjamin is growing so fast and looks so cute, he looks like he really enjoyed the cake and truck. Good thinking there it is an awesome cake!
Post a Comment