
This weekend we have been updating our 72 hour kits. It was time to replace all of the food. We decided it would be nice to switch from cans of tuna to the new Tuna creations in a sealed bag. We had never tried them before, so I bought 5 different kinds and we had a taste test for dinner. Honestly, I am not a big fan of tuna but I thought all of the varieties we got were pretty good.
Then for FHE, we ventured to the grocery store to replenish our 72 hour kits. I though it would be a good idea to let the kids pick out some of the things in their pack. I told them that once we had finished getting all the things we needed, they could pick something out for treat. Instead of looking for things to go in their kit, they spent their time begging for misc junk that they hoped would qualify as their "treat". What was I thinking? In addition, our noise level was out of control. I don't know who was happier to have us out of the store, the employees or Adam and I.
When we got back home Ruby said, "We haven't had the lesson yet." Adam replied, "Yes we have. We've had a lesson I will never forget. NEVER go to the grocery store for family night."
Today's "Rubyisms"
Ruby was at school and the kids found a bird feather on the ground. Ruby told everyone to stay away from it because it could have diseases. A friend asked her what diseases were. She replied "Things that make your mom freak out."
Adam was putting Ruby to bed. When they had finished with her nightly routine, Ruby asked Adam to get me. Adam told her I was busy and asked what she needed. She replied, "I need Mom. It's something you can't handle."
(She needed her pigtails out. Adam can't get his big hands into those little hair-bands.)
9 comments:
I love the Rubyisms!
Your Ruby is so cute. I loved her little responses. We recently updated our 72 hour kits' food to MRE so we don't have to update as often. Great idea in having the kids choose though.
This whole entry made me laugh. I loved Adam's comment about the lesson and the funny Rubyisms, especially the one about the feather.
You have to love those sort of lessons and I love hearing the kids definitions of things - they are always so great. Incidently, I always have to take the rubber band out too.
Seriously........just keep this coming.
OH Ruby, you are so cute. I can just see Adam saying that! So funny!
I'm with Adam, grocery shopping with all the kids is a NIGHTMARE. I avoid it at all costs! We are re packing our 72 hour kits this week too, great minds think alike!
I haven't checked your blog for a while because you had stopped writing, but I'm glad to see you're back! It's a great way to journal you and your kid's lives. We even print out blog books at the end of every year. good stuff!
Oh the life in a busy family. I really had to laugh at everything, the Rubyisms and the FHC at the grocery store you guys crack me up sometimes brings back so many of my family moments.
Post a Comment