Last Saturday, I bent down to pick up Ruby. As I picked her up, she flung the other direction and since I didn't have a good hold on her, she fell face first onto the wood floor. Her arms were stuck behind her so she didn't even have her hands to brace her. As she fell, it was one of those split seconds where a million things run through your mind and you fear the worst. I picked her up and she had blood all over face. It was her nose. We cleaned her up, gave her ibuprofen, and layed her down. I was worried that she had broken her nose, but she said the bridge didn't hurt at all, just the front. Within 30 minutes, she was up and running around. I was shocked at how lucky we were that she wasn't more hurt.
Later that night we went to my friend Marie's. Her and her husband had thrown a party for kids from our ward in Boston that were now out here going to college. We went to see these kids that we LOVE and Adam was running the karaoke for the end of the party. It was so great to see these kids. Some of them I had in primary. It really was indescribleable to sit back and watch them interacting. As I sat in grateful of awe of being in a house full of people I love half way across the country from where we all knew each other, Marie came over and told me that her daughter K, had gotten her nose hit. She had been at a Birthday party and someone had accidentally hit her in the nose. It was swollen but didn't show any obvious signs of being broken so they decided to wait and see how she was doing in the morning.
The next morning Ruby's nose was very swollen and we decided we better make sure everything was OK. As I was getting ready to go to the hospital, Marie called and said that K's nose was more swollen and they were on their way to get it checked out.
So we sat together in Primary Children's Hospital with two cute girls with swollen noses. Really. What are the chances of that?!!
(After seven hours in the ER and a cat-scan, the doctors finally determined that Ruby's nose and face are fracture free. They also said K's nose was not broken. Yipee!!)
(Here is a picture of them in the waiting room. I took the pic with my phone so it is not very clear - but really their noses were very swollen).


10 comments:
Poor little Ruby. I am glad that it was not broken.
You are so funny! I can't believe how grown up Catherine is.
I'm so glad her nose wasn't really broken... but it looks like it still hurt a whole lot! I love the Avatar comparison :).
Misery loves company!!
You just can't make that stuff up! The photo with her next to the Avatar one is hilarious.
Ouch! Glad she is OK and seems to be bouncing back so well.
oh poor Ruby! I hope it gets better soon. I love that last photo, though! Rubytar. so great.
I thought the emergency room count had been a little low for your house recently. Glad to hear nothing was broken, but that is some impressive and painful looking coloring.
Hello! It was great to catch up with your family! Your kids are beautiful and lucky to have you as a Mom! I didn't realize Marie and family were here in Utah. Tell her Hello from me. Take care!
There isn't much in our body that is more tender than the nose. I am sure it really hurt for a while, then the pretty colors set in and you just havae to deal with that. Sure glad that she wasn't hurt any more than she was. Give her a hug form me!! Love Ya!!
Post a Comment