Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Innocence Gone


The kids decided it would fun to strap Benjamin to one of our bar stools for breakfast. This allowed him to eat with the "big kids." Benjamin loved his status change and especially loved that he had more than just his food in fork's reach.



And that is how he discovered syrup. Benjamin never gets syrup or butter on his pancakes or other morning dishes (in this case German Pancakes). He has never known the difference and so has been very content. But after one bite off his sister's plate, he gave his signature "MMMmm!!" and the innocence was gone.

So he took another bite . . .



and another bite.



Finally poor Ruby had to hold her plate away.


But when Ruby momentarily hopped down to wash her sticky hands, Benjamin made a swift grab for the plate . . . and it was over.




9 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a cutie. I love the look on Ruby's face!

Juliet said...

Cute. I love Ruby's expression as well.

Juliet said...

P.S. I am sorry to say that Marilyn didn't have to "discover" syrup. Her parents just gave it to her.

Bridget said...

I don't remember how zander first discovered syrup but I am pretty sure it was Manu's fault :)

Marjorie said...

The kids are getting so big---Ruby is a doll to have shared her pancakes and syrup with her little brother! Sweet little girl!! And little boy!!! Love you guys

Lisa R.D. said...

What fun pictures to document such a marvelous morning for Benjamin. I have to admit, I'm guilty of putting syrup or sugar on things for our kids the first time they try breakfast foods. The most impressive thing though is that your kids are eating real breakfast... it's cold cereal at our house unless it's a special occasion or a weekend.

liso. said...

so cute - i can't believe how big he is! it's been too long - hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

vocalise said...

I somehow missed this post until now. This is really cute and really funny. And, fabulous you have it all in photos! He'll love being retold this forever. Ty very often...several evening a week...goes into all of our photo boxes and just sits and goes through them. Time ticks by way too fast, and there is a wonder in growing up.

Unknown said...

Janae-You have the cutest kids! I love when I get the rare chance to see and play with them because they keep me laughing...found your blog from Alison...hope you don't mind me peeking in from time to time. :)