Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School







Yesterday was the first day of school.  (Technically, Ruby doesn't start until next week but she had her appointment with her Kindergarten teacher yesterday.  Which was nice, since it let her partake of the" first day of school excitement" with the rest of the group.)

I think it was a good day on most accounts.  Everyone really liked their teacher, even the ones who were a little hesitant about who they got.  Three of the kids are at the charter school that only Aaron was at last year.  So Caleb struggled a little with being the "new kid" and really missed his old school and friends.  But he is so fortunate to be where he is at, and I think he knows that, he just doesn't quite feel it yet.  I am very optimistic that everyone will have a great year and I look forward to all the school year will bring!

9 comments:

vocalise said...

Your photos remind me of a quote from Brian Andreas: "I always wanted to invent something that would move around and make funny noises and would change the world as we know it and I forgot all about that until we had kids and now I see I came pretty close."

Marilyn said...

They all look so cute. Was it really cool enough to wear jackets?

Juliet said...

Ruby's uniform is adorable! She looks so cute! I hope they all have a great school year!

Jueneta said...

You guys are so lucky. I don't think that we will ever get in to your school. I love how you dressed Benjamin to match the charter school kids.

Marjorie said...

Oh the excitement of the first day of school. I am sure they will all be happy being the same school together and will find fast friends. You guys are doing a great job there with your precious brood. Love ya!!

meg said...

Janae,

Great looking family. My mother is here in Texas visiting and she got me linked up to your blog.

Hope things are going well. We live in San Antonio and will be here for atleast 2 years for a pediatric dental residency. It could be longer if Obama is back for another term and Texas leaves the union.

Megs just had our 3rd child. Clare 4, Beckett 2, Finn 3 weeks.

Good luck with everything.

Aaron Bjarnason

liso. said...

Every time I see a post on your blog, I think your kids have grown like crazy! We missed you at the reunion in July, but hope you all had a good time back East!

Hopefully we'll see you sooner than later...

Leah said...

Adorable, they're such good posers. :) I hope the first week or two has gone well and that you are all adjusted! I miss you all, please tell them I love them! Leah

Suzanne said...

Hi Janae! My mom was over tonight and wash showing me Sister Hyer's blog...and of course when I saw the link to yours I had to come on over. Beautiful family!! You all look like you're happy and doing great. =)