Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby Benjamin





We would like to announce the birth of Benjamin on August 13th. He weighed 8lbs 15oz and was 21 inches long. We think he has red hair, but it's tough to tell at the moment.

Janae developed a pregnancy-induced liver disease that necessitated he be delivered about 3 weeks early. Despite his large size, he had some lung issues and other complications that led to him being transported to the Children's Hospital where he is now. The doctors expected him to be there for several weeks but he is doing miraculously well. He is off most of his life support equipment and this week Janae got to hold him for the first time. We hope to have him home within the next week or two. We are grateful for the blessings and everyone's prayers in his behalf. We are so thrilled to have this sweet baby join our family and anxiously await the day we can bring him home.

9 comments:

ellen said...

I want to meet big Ben!

NW Harbert's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you guys. I pray that Benjamin continues to do well and gets to come home soon. He is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I've been getting updates from Becca, but gosh...Congrats!!! He's adorable. Hope all is well in your busy household!

Becca said...

Congrats! He is so cute!!! I can't wait to see him again!

Marilyn said...

He looks so cute!

leigh said...

congrats on the new babe. adam just came over to check out our kitchen and gave me your address. after the kitchen's done we'll have to have you guys over.

liso. said...

Congrats, you guys! He's beautiful and Janae, you look amazing as always!

Anonymous said...

Hope and pray things go well with all of you. Kind of scary ... Wayne

vocalise said...

That third photo of him....tubes and all is ADORABLE. He looks pretty at peace! He genuinely is beautiful. I've been keeping up with the "drama" via your mom and you have been in our prayers as we've daily checked the progress reports. So glad things are looking up. Four boys and a girl...those were my family dynamics. Personally....I'm happy for Ruby!!! It's GREAT!!!