Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Warn Thin


I am feeling warn thin – “like butter spread over too much bread.” I will have the baby 3 weeks from today and I imagine the end of the pregnancy has something to do with it. Yesterday someone asked me “How overdue are you?.” I have had people asking “How many more days?” for the last 2 months. Caleb is betting this baby will weigh in at 11lbs. Thank you, Caleb.

But big belly aside, we are ending our grueling morning routine this week. This will not only give me time in the mornings again (which means I don’t have to spend my nights doing laundry and other chores); but more importantly, it will give the kids 2 weeks of pure summer before they are back to the grind. I have already told them this is the last week of “summer school” and the excitement has brought chaos and an infinite amount of indiscipline. Perhaps I should have waited. Is it bedtime yet? . . . . I mean mine.

4 comments:

Andrae said...

Hello! I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but I have been reading it all summer :) I thought I noticed in your pics with the Wrights that you are pregnant. I am excited for y'all!!! I am so impressed with the schedule you have been able to keep while being at the end of your pregnancy. I have to say that I have been asked the overdue question. It was with baby Ray. I was so stunned by the question I couldn't even answer b/c I just kept thinking, "am I really THAT big?". I hope you are able to comfortably enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer with your kids. My blog is private but I would love to send you invite, email me at liltexbit@gmail.com.

vocalise said...

I think they forget to tell us when we get pregnant that our hormones will never be the same again. Ever. Hang in there. Isn't it amazing what we go through??? I remember getting ready one morning and Ty patting my butt with both hands saying "Mama has a big butt." But, this is the same kid who asked me when I was putting makeup on one day why I wore it. "To make me beautiful" I replied. But Mama...you already are beautiful. JaNae.....you are beautiful, too. Love you.

The Cox Crew said...

Honestly, I can't believe how much you do, even when you're not pregnant! Treat yourself to a break or a little self indulgence, you deserve it.

NW Harbert's said...

You are truly amazing to keep up with and keep your kids entertained so much. I wish I have the energy you seem to posses. Of course I am just starting out too. I still have a few more weeks before I will supposedly get my energy back.