Saturday, December 6, 2008

Turkey Trot



On Thanksgiving morning Caleb and I ran the Utah Human Race. It is a 5k fund raiser for the local food bank and the church's Humanitarian Center. The race was started by some good friends and has grown every year. This year, they had a several thousand runners and raised over 30,000 dollars. It was a great way to start a day of feasting. Caleb did an amazing job and really pushed himself. I was so proud of him. The raise was fulfilling on a lot of levels, but the best part was being able to experience this with Caleb. I hope Isaac joins us next year.

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

How fun!

rebecca said...

I love this idea, Janae! How great to do this with Caleb.

Juliet said...

How fun. I wish I could have joined you.

ellen said...

Wow! Good for you! I only run if I'm being chased. :)

jhoopes said...

That's awesome! Congrats to both of you.

HMichaelsen said...

He's almost as tall as you are!

Marjorie said...

What a great memory and fun for both of you. Sounds like Caleb ran a good race!! A great way to begin a holiday.

NW Harbert's said...

sounds like a lot of fun!!!

liso. said...

that is AWESOME. i am totally impressed as I am NOT (NOT)a runner. probably not even if i was being chased.