Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let it Snow!



Today we had our first big snow storm. The first snow is always a treat for kids. But for me it was momentous. When I left very early this morning to take the kids to Spanish class, I didn't have to warm up my car or scrape my windows. Why? . . Because my car was parked in a garage . . . for the first time since I was 17 years old! Let it Snow!!!!

10 comments:

rebecca said...

Garages DO make snow a more bearable. I can't believe you have snow so early, but I completely agree that the first snow is wonderful. I love that a day in the snow comes with hot chocolate:)

Bridget said...

Hmmm, I think it was 78 here today.

Marilyn said...

Hmmm, I was out raking leaves in weather close to 70. But it looks like the kids had lots of fun and that was ALOT of snow!

Unknown said...

I still don't have winter coats for all of my kids! This will put some fire under my feet. Happy snow!

Unknown said...

and cute new look to your blog!

Beth said...

That looks like a lot of snow. So fun! My parents are driving to utah today for my twin neices' baptisms. My Dad packed his skis hoping it would snow. I'm sure he's happy. Tell me your schedule, I'd be interested to hear all you have your kids doing.

jhoopes said...

Congratulations on a car in the garage! Makes a big difference. Y que sus ninos aprendan mucho espanol. (sorry for the lack of punctuation, but I don't know how to add them on this)

Juliet said...

That IS awesome. It doesn't snow a ton here, but I am dreading the Sunday mornings when I either have to de-ice or de-snow our car before church. Its hard enough for me to get there on time as it is. (I wish Rufus didn't have to be at church by 6:30 each week.)

Lori Thompson said...

Oh man! Looks like fun, but i can;t believe my eyes! It's been 90 degrees here is AZ!

Marjorie said...

I'm glad you got the snow instead of me---and a garage definitely makes things easier. Looks like everyone had loads of fun.