Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Motivation.



Today I cooked and pureed 8 pumpkins. It took MUCH longer than I expected (I will never do that many again without a food processor). As the hours ticked on, I kept reminding myself of the FHE treat we would soon be nibbling. It didn't come out of the oven until 9:30pm, but it was worth it! Here is the recipe if you're interested.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

Topping:
1 C yellow cake mix
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbs margarine

Mix first 3 ingredients then cut in margerine. Should be crumbly.

Bottom Crust:
remaining cake mix
1 egg
1/2 C melted butter

Cream all together until thick. Spread on the bottom of a 9x13 pan

Middle layer:
1 large can pumpkin (29oz)
4 eggs slightly beaten
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
2 12oz cans evaporated milk

Mix together and pour over crust. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle topping over. Bake an additional 60 minutes. Done when knife comes out clean. Best served chilled with whip cream.

( If using fresh pumpkin, measure out 29oz of pumpkin and use only 1 can of evaporated milk)

3 comments:

rebecca said...

This looks yummy...thanks!

Becca said...

That looks sooo good!

liso. said...

Wow, that looks delicious, but EIGHT pumpkins! That's dedication, lady.