Friday, November 7, 2008

Home Away From Home


This is a picture of our home away from home. In the last two months we have made 15 trips to Primary Children's Hospital or the adjacent Moran Eye Center, 5 trips to the local hospital, and had numerous doctor appointments. Why? . .

Caleb fractured his back, Isaac's Guttate Psoriasis came back, Aaron hurt his eye, Benjamin's birth and the newest injury . . . Ruby decided to set a trap for Caleb and whacked him in the head with a polo mallet. Caleb received 7 stitches in his forehead.

After Aaron was born, a doctor said to us, "You have 3 boys?! Your going to spend your life in the ER." I guess he was right.

16 comments:

rebecca said...

Oh my heavens, you are paving a trail to PCH! I have to say that 2 of my brothers had a crochet mallet incident that resulted in a semi circle pattern of stitches. A little scary then, but we laugh about the circumstances now. Sounds like you'll have a lot of stories to tell;)

Marilyn said...

On his forhead, oh no, I hope it doesn't scar. I like your new home, it is quite big. I bet it takes awhile to clean!

ellen said...

No way! I hope you get a discount for being a frequent customer!!

Becca said...

I can't believe all you guys have been through in the last few months! Crazy! I have to say though, Caleb had a pretty good sense of humor about the whole mallet situation. Good sport!

Bridget said...

Wow, sounds like bedlam is overpowering bliss. And why do you guys own a polo mallet?

MP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Peeni said...

So...the fractured back came from what?!? Football? Does this mean that football is out for Big C? (if it is I guess scheduling things should get a little easier.)

Beth said...

oh my gosh, My jaw is on the floor! Maybe I want this baby to be a girl! Good luck with all of that. Does the ER staff know you by name? Did Caleb get hurt playing football? How scary! We've only been to the ER twice, no fun!

HMichaelsen said...

Have they put a plaque up with your name on it yet? Yikes Janae! I hope Caleb is okay! - Mom & Dad, too!

Marjorie said...

Goodness Janae, Let's see, that means that about every other day if not every day you managed to go visit a doctor for the last two months, it is so much happening that all I could do is laugh and cry for you. I know you will weather it all, just remember they do grow up and then comes the fun of swapping stories with each other. I too would like to know about Caleb's back injury and Isaac's problem. Guess I missed out on those two. Just keep your beautiful smile. Remember, you won't be given more than you can bear--Heavenly Father loves you and so do we!!

NW Harbert's said...

my goodness!!!

Leah said...

Wow. As if a newborn isn't enough work with 4 other kids. I'm sorry you all have been through so much and that everyone is on the mend at least. I would also like to hear about Caleb's back, I didn't hear about it. Thinking and praying for you all... leah

liso. said...

yowsahs! ...maybe this is like paying your car insurance all at once up front instead of throughout the year? crosssing my fingers for ALL of YOU!

vocalise said...

I should not laugh. It really should not be funny. It really is not a joke, I really do understand that. But, I apologize. I am laughing. Marilyn.....Call has a rather large scar on his forehead from the day he flew down the hall and ran into the corner of the door. YOU were there. YOU cleaned the blood from my cream carpet. It's okay. Call still grew up to be handsome. Oh Janae....hang in there. GREAT idea to post the hospital as your home away from home. Hilarious.

Unknown said...

I've heard about your mishaps, but seeing them all together in one post makes the perspective a little bigger! You poor thing. At least you have state of the art technology close enough to depend on!

leigh said...

I hate to say it, but with 4 boys we've only been in the ER once for stitches. how did we get so lucky and you guys get all the injuries?