photo from his first grade program
Everyday in school, Aaron (first grade) is required to write a 1 1/2 -2 page essay. They are called "story starters." These essay are some of the my most treasured school projects. I don't save much of my kids school work, but I have saved all of his essays. I plan to bind them at the end of the year. Periodically, I want to post an essay or two. This is my favorite essay from this week. I kept the spelling and grammar the way he wrote it.
"If I were five years older I would be twelve years old. I would be over ten years old. I would have the Aaronic prestood. I would serve the water and bread at church. The bread stands for Jesus's body and the water stands for his blood. I would be older than my brother Caleb. He is eleven years old. He is the oldest kid in my family.
If I were twelve I would be able to go to the temple. I would almost be a teenager. When I turn thirteen I want a phone and a camra and a robot that cleans my room wich would be awsome."
11 comments:
Oh my goodness. That is so sweet. He is such a cutie :)
That is SO CUTE! Someone must be teaching that kid something. I love the picture too and the green bow tie.
That is a great essay. I love that Boston-born redhead! He's one of my faves. Move back soon.
I have enjoyed getting caught up on your blog...glad you are back! The essay was adorable and so is your family.
Hi Janae! That is such a sweet essay! He's right on track:) I'm glad you're blogging again. I LOVE your family!
That is so dang cute! Thanks for sharing!
Great essay. I agree with Aaron, a robot that cleans your room would be awesome. If he gets one, maybe he could come visit for a while.
How sweet. I love his this great idea for a robot. I want one too for my whole house.
~~Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~~
What an adorable kid!! If I was five years old he would be my boyfriend. As it is he is an adorable grandson, and still my friend!
Guess I should have said If I were seven years old---OH well still a great thought and wonderful essay--if they are all that good, what a treasure and how great you are going to have them bound for him!
Post a Comment