Thursday, July 31, 2008
Football is Cramping my Style
This cool kid and his new sport are cramping my style. He has practice EVERY DAY for TWO HOURS (except Sundays and Saturdays but he has his games on Saturday)! Is it just me or is that crazy? We can't go anywhere far or have evening plans with anyone because football rules our evenings. We've even had to rework FHE. I knew we'd have to sacrifice like this when our kids got into high school sports, but I never thought it would hit me this early!
Our league has 198 kids just in Caleb's age group. It's the largest Pee Wee Football program in the Nation. And people take is seriously. I feel completely lost in this new culture we are entering. I haven't a clue what to do with the pile of pads and misc. gear that he has to put on daily. Thank goodness he has Adam.
On the upside, Caleb LOVES it. It's also been a great outlet for Adam who never gets to do anything fun. It's not quite the same as playing, but they have asked him to help coach one of the teams. I think he will really enjoy that (and so will Caleb).
So here's to kissing the summer away to Football!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He looks so cute! Sports are so darn time consuming!
Chess club and band are looking pretty good right about now. :)
Poor Shawn is trying hard to get our girls interested in sports, he wants to be involved with them more, but they are not interested. Madie does soccer because he wants her too, but it is not a passion for her. Naomee may be different.
It is even harder that soccer is all Shawn thinks about. He spends any spare moments playing too. I don't know what would be harder, the parent or the child being obsessed. I don't know if I could do football.
I am not a big football fan so that would bug me to death! ?He does look cute in his gear though.
I can't believe it's that much of a time commitment as his age! Crazy!
Hi Janae!!! We did football for ONE year because Call would not give the idea up. That's all it took for him to decide it wasn't his thing....maybe that'll happen to you to!!! Your family is beautiful. My, life does go by in a blip. So fun to be able to see these fun photos and read about the activity. Next year we will only have one at home.....WHAT HAPPENED? Enjoy the craziness even though it truly is CRAZY!
Post a Comment