Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hair Cuts



The kids were suppose to get hair cuts tonight. Adam is a pro and has always given them their haircuts. He was not feeling very well, so I thought this might be the opportune time for me to learn the trade. I told the kids that I was going to give them their haircuts. They all looked at Adam to see if this was true and then began screaming "NO!!!!!!!" Within a minute, they had grabbed their shoes and run out the front door yelling. Caleb yelling to practice on Issac first, Isaac yelling to practice on Aaron first and Aaron just booking it with Ruby close behind. Obviously, I warrant a lot of confidence and admiration from my kids. (I have to admit I'm not too confident myself that I could perform even a mediocre job.)

Rather than chase them home right away, I decided to finish the dinner dishes. After a few minutes, Adam conceded to do the haircuts himself. But then we looked outside and saw them all playing basketball across the street. Adam was so pleased that he decided to cancel the haircuts all together. The kids have previously been too shy to join in and play. Apparently the thought of a hair cut at mom's hand was all the push they needed.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is the best entry yet, I laughed so hard!

Leah said...

Hee hee, that's fabulous! Show them the pics on ep's blog today and they may think again... or not. :)Leah