If you have seen Isaac in the last 6 months, you have undoubtedly seen the little red dots all over his body. None of the four pediatricians in our office have actually seen a case of Guttate Psoriasis, but from looking at books, they all seem to think that is what it is. It was suppose to clear in a couple weeks to a few months but has actually gotten worse. Today, we finally had our long awaited appointment at Children's Hospital to see the pediatric dermatologist. She spent very little time with us and the the two accompanying residents asked if they could take pictures of his stomach. She did however concur that is was Guttate Psoriasis and put him on an antibiotic 3 times a day, a cream that has to be put on each spot twice a day, and a tar bath soak for 20 minutes every night. We had our first application of the cream which took a mere 20 minutes to apply. It's a good thing I have so much extra time. But if it actually works, it will be worth it. Poor Isaac has had to deal with this for far too long.
On the upside, the kids had a blast playing some kind of light saber game with all the neighborhood kids until dark. The whole neighborhood was using our light sabers (with the exception of one). I had NO IDEA we had so many. But they had a blast. I would have taken a picture but quite frankly, I was too tired to get up and get the camera.

2 comments:
Poor Isaac, that looks painful! Hopefully the new regimen will work. Can you bring your light sabers to play in my neighborhood? How fun! :)Leah
Madie had something similar to that, only hers would swell up and get very large and blistery. Each one would then in turn pop or ooze. They gave me a name for it and the pediatrician said that it will heal on its own. But we did go to the Ped. Derm. and she said to put two different creams on it 2-3 times a day and it cleared up so fast that I wondered why we waited 8 months before seeing her. Now Naomee gets a bump here and there and I know it is the same thing. It is awful, I hope Isaac gets over it soon.
Post a Comment