Yesterday we started our real summer schedule. We revamped our charts on Sunday night and began the grind yesterday. Our first day went well. We finished our morning list around 11:30am. We have a point system that rewards the kids for everything they do with a good attitude. They also can't be asked to do something more than once if they are going to receive a point. Once they hit 80 points, they can choose from a list of activities like one dollar of nickles for the Nicklecaid, go to a dollar movie, get a movie from Redbox, pick out a toy at the dollar store, etc. If they get 80 points at least 5 times this summer, we will go on a fun family weekend trip.
Today, I realized that if we were going to get through our whole math program, Caleb was going to have to do 9 pages of math a day (Monday-Friday) and Isaac was going to have to do 6 pages. When I told Isaac he said, "I am going to write in my journal about this. This is not normal!!!"
Whatever gave him the idea that we were normal????
Caleb obviously had a similar thought because he read me this journal entry tonight. "Today my mom made me do HOMEWORK and it is summer vacation!!!!! I had to do four pages of math, one page of writing and read one chapter in a book!!!!! She said I have to do nine pages of math for the rest of the summer! And guess what? I am not very happy about that!! She also made me do chores!!! Today she made me do my brother's bathroom which is sooo much bigger than mine.
Now I bet you guys are thinking that my mom is mean and works us to death. But you're wrong, She is so sweet and does ten times the amount of work I do."
AHHH, the happy ending. The brain washing must be working.

3 comments:
Keep crackin' the whip! Dollar movie? I wish we had a dollar movie.
Lol! That's awesome. Way to teach them the love of work, someday they'll be grateful (when they get roommates or kids that don't know how to work hard!) I remember growing up we couldn't go anywhere on Saturdays until everyone's chores were done. I thought Mom was so mean, but I'm grateful now. :)Leah
Dear Warden,
Please tell me where I should send the bail money for my grandchildren!
I endorse Isaacs comment, "this is not normal!"
Please note, a modification to the internment camp must be made or we will be forced to send evidence of daughter #1's "attention to schoolwork" while she was growing up as a reminder.
As always love Michael [defend her grandchildren, advocate of the oppressed]
Post a Comment