We also kicked off the first day of summer by starting piano lessons. It has been a year and a half since Caleb or Isaac played. Caleb wasn't too excited to start again, but Isaac was thrilled. They had a great time and even used the word "fun!" They both left excited and geared up to practice. I hope they continue to think it is this much fun all summer long.
I have a lot of work (both academic and chore related) planned out for the kids. But I also want them to do something fun everyday. I am worried my kids will remember me more as a slave driver than a fun mom, so I am working to improve my image. If I document the fun times, at least I'll have some proof!
Today, I gave them three options.
1. play a board game
2. paint
3. make sugar cookies
Caleb voted for a board game, Isaac and Aaron chose sugar cookies, and Ruby wanted to paint. Ruby was quickly persuaded to join the cookie team (thanks to the talents of Isaac), so cookies won by a landslide.
On Valentines Day, we make almond sugar cookies; on Halloween, we make orange sugar cookies; and at Christmas, we make nutmeg sugar cookies. We haven't made plain old sugar cookies in years . . . until today.
5 comments:
FINALLY you are blogging!!! Hooray! Those cookies look good and Ruby's apron is stylin'!
Yay! I'm excited to keep up on more of your everyday activities! :) Love the reds!! -leah
Sweet blog, yo. Looks to me like you guys converted to the U of U side. Dare I say that?
Wonderful to see the activities of all of you. Looks like you are having a great summer. Love you all, Grandma
Post a Comment