Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!


This was Adam's Father's Day breakfast. He only wanted eggs and toast. We made homemade bread so at least it would be really good toast. The kids decorated the room and table with paintings, drawings and things they loved about their dad. It was a nice morning.

Last night we got home really late from the meat fest and Ruby was exhausted and in an AWFUL mood. She was being obstinate and crying about everything. I told her she needed to hurry and get to sleep because tomorrow was Father's Day and we had to get up early to do nice things for Daddy. (I thought this would calm her because she doesn't just love her dad, she ADORES him. He is much preferred over me.) It didn't. The following was our conversation.

Ruby: Why don't we do the nice things for me.
Me: We will on your Birthday in November, but tomorrow is Father's Day. It's the day we show Daddy how much we love and appreciate him.
Ruby: We don't have a Father. We have a Daddy.
Me: Daddy is a Father. But we can call it Daddy Day if you want. Hurry and go to sleep so we can get ready for Daddy Day.
Ruby: Tomorrow's not Daddy Day. Daddy Day is when Daddy goes to preschool with you.

That's when I knew it was time to give up. I told her I loved her, then walked out and shut the door.

Happy Daddy's Day to the best Dad I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby is a kick!!

Stephanie said...

Awwh...so cute!! I can't wait til my little one throws fits like that lol.