Saturday, June 14, 2008
All Work and No Play, Make the Coxes Dull Kids
The last couple of days, the kids have gotten a little ripped off on summer fun. We have pushed through a lot of school work, made serious progress in piano, completed a lot of chores, and worked on a ton of extra work projects. We made great progress in the garage, finished 75% of reorganizing the storage room, detailed Grandpa's truck, cleaned his back patio and back yard, cleaned the van, and mowed our lawn. I would say that is pretty good for 2 days. Today Caleb told me he didn't even care that he didn't get to play; he enjoyed working. That is definitely not a normal Caleb comment. But I was pleased he was able to feel the joy that comes from a good day of hard work. I told him if he can learn that now, things are going to be a lot easier later. The rest of the kids truly needed a break from the child labor infringed on them and rode their bikes with the neighborhood kids between assignments. But they all worked hard. Tonight, they will finally get to have a little fun. We are going over to one of Grandpa Cox's "meat fests." There will be a trampoline, good food, fun cousins and a blow up water slide. Let the fun begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think it makes them dull, I think it is great that they are learning to work hard. And Caleb is definitely seeing the satisfaction from a job well done.
Post a Comment